Certificate Course – 300 Level
2012 January - June
Aims & Objectives
Geoinformatics is the application of computer technologies and methodologies for scientific analysis of spatial information from remotely sensed and other Auxiliary Informations including Ground Survey.
The aim of the course is to generate manpower to effectively use spatial data for natural resource management, infrastructure development, disaster management, business development, environmental management, land use studies and urban and rural management studies etc. The course is aimed at developing basic concepts of data acquisition, conversion of data to digital database, analysis and synthesis of data, and finally decision making and dissemination of results.
The geoinformatics course is a multi-disciplinary programme which includes courses in computer applications, cartography, numerical analysis, database management system, remote sensing and photogrammetry, digital image analysis, geographic information systems and application of remote sensing, human settlements, agriculture and forestry, oceanography and environment.
Eligibility / Pre-requisite
The Graduates / Engineering Graduates of Civil / Electronics / Computer / Physics / Mathematics / Geoinformatics are eligible for the admission. Bright graduate students in final semester are also eligible.
Selection / Registration
Course director would decide based on the Candidates’ Merit and inclination towards Research in the Field of Geomatics. Submit the form if interested to join for the course on or before 20th. Once selection is confirmed, could pay the fee and join on 25th January.
CONTENTS - Topics - Sub -TOPICS Background & Learning Scope
Data Management Remote Sensing Image Processing
Photogrametry Cartography Geographic Information System
Data Information Security Knowledge management mining
Earth Resources Applications
Mathematics Statistics Physics Electronics Geography
Computer Languages Database Application Packages Remote sensing History Aerial Photography Other Remote Sensing Techniques
Terrestrial-Shuttle-Astronauts Space Activities Satellite remote Sensing
Geo-stationary Satellites Remote Sensing Satellites Physics of remote Sensing Imaging System & Sensors Optical-Thermal-Infrared-Microwave Remote Sensing LIDAR-LASER-SRTM etc. Image Formation Image Science Image Processing MultiHyper Spectral Image Interpretations
Interactive Image Processing Image Matching Target Extraction
Recognition Photogrammetry ImageOrbit Models Image Corrections Digital Soft-Copy Satellite Photogrammetry Geo-referencing-Geocoding-Orthoimage DEM-DTM-DTED-Topographic Mapping
Thematic Mapping Topographic Mapping Geodesy & Ground Survey
Geographic Information System Raster Vector Handling Data Models & Analysis GPS & Measurements Map Projections Cartography
ScannersPlotters Auxiliary Information Collection Change Detection Monitoring & Map Updating Data Formats Conversion Exchange Data Information Acquisition & Archival Data-Information Dissemination Exchange Data Compression Data Security Authentication Data CodingDecoding Forest Agriculture Applications Geology Hydrology Applications Urban Planning Applications
Land Use & Land Cover Applications Costal-Ocean-Environmental Applications
Strategic Applications Disaster Management Applications Town & Country Planning Earth Sciences Forestry, Ecology & Environment
Agriculture And Soil Water Resources Tourism
Recent Trends In GIS Natural Resource Management Telecom GIS
Automated Mapping And Facility Management Virtual 3D GIS
Land Information System Infrastructure Development Internet GIS
Decision Support System Artificial Neural Networks Sustainable Development Global Positioning System
Job Opportunities in the Field of Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics :
1. State Government : Every state has a Space Application Center in which Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics post graduate as well as Ph.D. holder can apply for the post of Scientist, Junior Scientist, Project Coordinator, Project Scientist, Scientific / Technical Assistant, GIS Programmer, Research Scholar etc.
2. Central Government : Central government organizations / agencies such as Space Application Center (SAC), Ahmedabad, National Remote Sensing Agency (NRSA), Balanagar, Hyderabad, North East Space Application Center, (NESAC), Shillong, Regional Remote Sensing Application Center (RRSAC), Kharagpur, Dehradun, Jodhpur, Nagpur and Bangalore, ISRO, Bangalore, ADRIN, Hyderabad all are under Department of Space, Government of India which advertises for the post of Scientist, Research Associate and Senior Research Fellow etc., Indian Agriculture Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi, Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR), Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India advertises for the post of Scientist and Research Scholar.
3. Academic Institutes : Candidates having M.Sc Remote Sensing / Geoinformatics, M.Tech Remote Sensing / Geoinformatics or Ph.D. degree in Remote Sensing / Geoinformatics can apply for the post of Lecturer, Reader or Professor. Few academic institutes have a center for Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics which can apply for the post of Scientific Officer, Research Scientist and Research Scholar etc.
4. Overseas : These is scope for Professional / higher education in Remote Sensing / Geoinformatics in countries like USA, Canada, Netherlands, Switzerland, China, Malaysia, France, Germany, Australia, there are a demand for Remote Sensing professional in various field. There are number of Remote Sensing professionals doing jobs as well as business in foreign countries.
5. Private Sector : The demand of Remote Sensing and GIS professional is increasing day by day in private sector. Remote Sensing and GIS professional can start his / her Career as Project Manager, Senior System Executive, System Analyst, GIS Engineer, Image Analyst, GIS Programmer etc.
6. Self Employment : As an entrepreneur, after obtaining the professional degree like M.Sc Remote Sensing / Geoinformatics, M.Tech Remote Sensing candidate can start their own enterprise. The financial support can be obtained through nationalized bank as well as private bank.
Institutes Offering Course and Training in the Field of Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics :
Address of the Institute
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand.
M.Sc. Geoinformatics, M.Tech. Remote Sensing and Ph.D. ( RS / Geoinformatics ).
Birla Institute of Technology, Kolkata and Jaipur
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing ( IIRS ), Dehradun, Uttaranchal.
M.Tech. Remote Sensing and training Course like certificate, Diploma and PG diploma in Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics.
M.D.S. University Ajmer, Rajasthan.
M.Sc. Remote Sensing / Geoinformatics.
M.Tech. Remote Sensing and Ph.D. ( RS / Geoinformatics ).
National Remote Sensing Agency ( NRSA ), Hyderabad
Training in application of Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics.
Allahabad University, Allahabad, UP.
PG Diploma course in GIS.
IIT , Roorkee, Kanpur, Kharagpur.
Training courses and Ph.D in Remote Sensing / Geoinformatics.
A.P. University Hyderabad.
M.Tech. Remote Sensing and Ph.D. ( RS / Geoinformatics ).
9502038875 / email@example.com
Students Limit Minimum – 10 & Maximum - 20 (2012 Januray – June)
- CLASS WORK : -- 2.5 Hours / week (10 Hours Month)
(60 Hours Semester - 2012 January to June)
(This includes Seminar / Presentations / Discussions)
- Labs (assignments / Programing etc.) / & Industry Visit
- Test / Exam (40 % marks)
- Project / Documentation (60 % marks)
Course fee Rs.10,000/=
Dr T P Sasikumar
MSc, MPhil, PhD, LLB, MBA, MS
PROFESSOR & HoD, MANAGEMENT, AURORA’S ENGINEERING COLLEGE (Bhongir)
CHAIRMAN, S H I K S H A & FIDCO & VICE CHAIRM AN - GNSS
Space Scientist, Educationalist, Science Communicator, Writer, Life/ Soft - Skill Trainer, Public Speaker,
Motivational Speaker, Psychotherapist, Meditation Master, Spiritual Director
AUTHOR of LIFE of LOVE, LIFE made SIMPLE, ADAPTIVE Learning & a few on SPIRITUALITY
Over 20 Ppaers in national / International Journals. More than 20 National / International Conference Papers / Presenatiaons 150 Technical Reports, Numerous Articles in Periodicals. Covered by many Press / Media / AIR etc.
Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Dehradun -- Indian Cartographic Association, Hyderabad
Indian Society of Geomatics, Ahmedabad -- Andhra Pradesh Geographical Society
ADVISOR / MENTOR
SABARI Chgaritable Trust, Chennai - Vision-2020, IIT Delhi -- Indological Trust, Calicut
Mythri Charitable Trust, Calicut
CONSULTANT / ADVISOR (EDUCATION), Corporate Social Responsibility Project of SOBHA Developers, Palakkad, Kerala
DEPUTY DIRECTOR (Principal Director), Directorate General of Security, Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India, New Delhi
DIRECTOR, UGC - Academic Staff College, University of Calicut, Kerala
SCIENTIST & HEAD, Data Acquisition Archival and Production, Photolap, Map Image Library, Training & Organizational Development, Advanced Data Processing Research Institute (ADRIN), Secunderabad
SCIENTIST, Remote Sensing Area, Space Application Centre (SAC), ISRO, Ahmedabad
SCIENTIST, Program Planning & Project Management, ISRO-HQ, Bangalore
RESEARCH SCHOLAR, UGC- Special Assistance Scheme in Fluid Mechanics, Dept of Mathematics, Bangalore University
Research / Interests (Area) --- Remote Sesnsing / Geomatics / Geoinformatics / Photogrametry / Image Processing / Steroe -3D Vision / Simulation / Image Interpretation / Survey / Mapping / Photo processing / Cartography / etc.
9502038875 / firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION FORM - GEOINFORMATICS
1. Name :
2. Date / Place of Birth :
3. Contact Phone / Eemail :
4. College - Course Year – Class :
5. Experience :
6. Give Details of Educational Certificates / Diploma / Degree etc..
Qualification Subjects Studied Institution % of marks
7. Area / Field of Research interest
8. Any other Information to substantiate towards the Course
9. Write a reason for joining this Course